Sunday, July 19, 2009

Corydon Cornerstone

Saturday July 18th the Grand Lodge of Iowa performed a cornerstone ceremony for the new Wayne County Jail. A pleasant enough facility, I was a bit worried I might not get to come home though. The Grand Commandery had 9 Sir Knights to form the Arch of Steel for the Grand Master and form the lines for the procession. Amazingly it was only 70 degrees in the middle of July in Iowa. What nice weather, almost didn't need our summer uniforms. Our Grand Master personally thanked each Sir Knight for attending.

On another note, to promote more of the Family and Unity of Freemasonry, I just had to go play golf in the Grand Chapter Order of the Eastern Star outing. I have played many times in this fun "tournament" and had a great time. They had 108 golfers and another 80 volunteers. Seems like every other hole some past grand Chapter OES officer was giving out candy or had some fun game for us to play. I lost the bean toss, putting contest, and all the other prize events, but went home with a sleeve of balls and a full tummy. My golf game wasn't too bad, our 4 man best ball team shot a 67, with a 57 winning the event. I better get more practice in, even Natalie is beating me on the Wii......and she is happy to tell anyone....

Leave Thurs for Cincinnati for the York Rite Sovereign College to see two of my friends receive the Order of the Purple Cross. Last year Dad and I received this award together in Reston Virginia.

Hope everyone is have a fun Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment