Friday, November 20, 2009

Order of the Temple in Albia

My how this past week went by so quickly. Wednesday night I traveled to Albia for an Order of the Temple. They have had one last week and their inspection is this Saturday. This Commandery has an interesting story. Several years ago they where ready to surrender their charter and call it quites. The Grand Bodies meet with them I it seemed there was no hope. Then through the leadership of a couple members, and lots of hard work and dedication, they started meeting again, had new members joining, and became a top York Rite in Iowa. While several of those men that helped save Albia are now gone, several others are still working hard to make sure this small commandery remains. Funny to note that when they where considering closing they discussed consolidating with Centerville. Now Centerville is consolidated with them. They had an good Order of the Temple and the new Sir Knight was appreciative of the work done by all. I made a point to attend as I am unable make their Inspection Saturday as Des Moines is having our York Rite Festival. I try to attend when and where I can, and am always greeted by friends and bring greetings on behalf of the Sir Knights of Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment